The Fairview Drive-in Theatre debuted in 1953, featuring a single 72” x 36” single screen with a capacity of 250 cars. Situated in a rural cornfield in southern Illinois, the Fairview was one of the most remote drive-in theatres in the state. In the early 1990’s, the Fairview briefly closed after the screen was damaged by a storm. It soon reopened under new management and was eventually remodeled in 2002 boasting a new concession area and screen.
In the fall of 2014, the Fairview Drive-in closed for the season and was sold. In June 2015 the new owners are excited to bring updated enhancements including a digital cinema projector and a new concession building with a variety of quality dining options and exceptional service.